"Face your problems, don’t Facebook them” is a saying that has been printed on many posters. “FACE your problems. Don’t FACEbook your problems” was cited on Twitter on August 8, 2011.
Facebook (formerly Thefacebook) is an online social networking service headquartered in Menlo Park, California. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. The founders had initially limited the website’s membership to Harvard students, but later expanded it to colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It gradually added support for students at various other universities and later to high-school students. Since 2006, anyone who is at least 13 years old is allowed to become a registered user of the website, though the age requirement may be higher depending on applicable local laws. Its name comes from a colloquialism for the directory given to it by American universities students.
After registering to use the site, users can create a user profile, add other users as “friends”, exchange messages, post status updates and photos, share videos and receive notifications when others update their profiles.
Haitian in Fresno
FACE your problems. Don’t FACEbook your problems...#TrueStory
12:53 PM - 8 Aug 2011
Born A Gentleman
FACE your problems. Don’t FACEbook your problems
9:32 PM - 10 Aug 2011
FACE your problems, dont FACEbook them
3:36 PM - 30 Aug 2011
Worcester (MA) Telegram & Gazette
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Dark Facebook postings can be cries for help
THE NEW YORK TIMES
For adolescents, Facebook and other social media have created an irresistible forum for online sharing and oversharing, so much so that endless mood-of-the-moment updates have inspired a snickering retort on T-shirts and posters: “Face your problems, don’t Facebook them.”
Gulf News (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Focus: Living on social media
When everything you do is shared on social media, how does it impact your perception of reality? In this week’s debate the first six Gulf News readers who sent in their requests participated in an online discussion on the issue. If you want to participate, write to us at or log on to our Facebook page
PUBLISHED: 14:31 DECEMBER 14, 2012
COMPILED BY HUDA TABREZ COMMUNITY WEB EDITOR
11:50 Syed Luqman Faraz: There is a picture doing rounds on the internet that says, “Face your problems, don’t Facebook them”. Now that is an amazing piece of wisdom, because facing your problem means finding someone to first tell it to. That is where you begin.
5 simple rules for social media
By: Courtney Smith November 7, 2014 11:17 am
RULE 3: FACE YOUR PROBLEMS, DON’T FACEBOOK YOUR PROBLEMS.
Remember what Lou Holtz said. “Don’t tell your problems to people: 80% don’t care; and the other 20% are glad you have them.”
Too often, we let our emotions get the best of us and post updates without thinking. This could be posting an angry subtweet, making a Facebook status about the boyfriend that broke up with you or even making an insulting comment on someone else’s post.
My advice? Sleep on it. Most unnecessary, emotional posts can be avoided by just giving you some time to think it over.
Beginning a Career in Academia:
A Guide for Graduate Students of Color
Edited by Dwayne A. Mack, Elwood Watson and Michelle Madsen Camacho
New York, NY: Routledge
Putting your problems on social media is also not a good idea. Face your problems but don’t Facebook them!
Clayton News Daily (Jonesboro, GA)
For student-athletes, social media can doom a career
By Luke Strickland
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
While completely losing social media may be an unpopular opinion, it reiterates the need for student-athletes to use a filter on social media. As McKissic says, “Face your problems, don’t Facebook them.”
New York City • Media/Newspapers/Magazines/Internet • Sunday, April 05, 2015 • Permalink